July 13, 2016 // Posted by: bobthebuilder // Category: Home Decor
Do you have a balcony and feel like it’s the best place in your home? Is your balcony utilized to its full? If no then it’s the time to spice your balcony a bit and make it more adorable and beautiful. Decorating a small balcony is a challenge and hence people face difficulty deciding what to do. Many of the people don’t get any idea out of confusion and hence leave their balcony bare only. But decorating a small balcony is not that difficult as you think, you just need to opt for the right tips and tricks. Just use some imagination and you will be able to decorate a small balcony and convert it from a bare place to a cozy retreat. Here are some of the easy yet creative ways to decorate a small balcony.
Small balcony gives big troubles
When you have big balcony, you can have many things altogether but on a contrary having a small balcony and decorating a small balcony can be a matter of challenge. You need to get to know your space whether you have a square balcony or long and skinny balcony. Shape of your balcony affects a lot while decorating your balcony. Thus know the structure of your balcony.
While decorating your balcony, you must check your wants as in what you actually want to see or have in your balcony. Say for example whether you want a visual delight or you want barbecue or just a comfortable sitting place to have silent and cozy time to be spent. Decorating a small balcony will not let you have all those things together so you have a pick one thing you desperately want and other things which can be put aside.
Many of the landlords or the management company has a big list of rules specifying you what things you cannot do with your balcony. Hence before you take any step while decorating your balcony, you better ask them if it is allowed or they have any issue with that.
Give your balcony a touch of nature
While decorating a small balcony, you can consider transforming into a small garden of flower and herbs. Staying at a height in an apartment will make you far from the nature and hence you can create a mini garden in your balcony. You can plant beautiful flowering plants and also colorful perennials which will enhance the beauty of your balcony. Add a stool and a soft cushion and take the feel of sitting in a garden with delightful smell of flowers and colors spread all around.
While decorating a small balcony, you can also consider adding lighting to your space. With cozy sitting, if you have right type of lighting installed in your balcony, it gives you truly tremendous time to be spend in your balcony. You can sit back and chill and relax with your friends or have some nice conversation with your partner in your balcony.
Comments Off on Creative Ways To Decorate A Small Balcony
// Add Comment
June 30, 2016 // Posted by: Brat // Category: Roofing
We all know that roofing is considered one of the important parts of your home which you need to focus on because of it many of the situations are being taken cared in a better manner like. As we know that there are many benefits which we can avail if we are taking proper care of your roof which is being installed in our home. But many times we have observed that we forget up the cleaning and maintenance of the roofing gutters which are installed in it. And because of it you need to go for the process of replacing roof gutters. Because roof gutters are considered to be having equal importance too, with the help of it all the accumulated water can be flow downwards and the roof is being maintained in a better manner.
So if your roof gutters are being damaged than it is the duty of the home owners to go for replacing roof gutters which are installed in your home. there are many things or we can say that many matters which you need to take in to account at the time of going for replacing roof gutters like the sizes of the gutters which you are going for, color, materials, and the styling of the gutters which you can go for, etc. and many more of the things which is considered to be the things which you need to take in to account at the time of going for replacing your gutters.
Things to be considered while replacing your roof gutters
- As stated there are many things which can help you in the matters of replacing roof gutters which are installed in your home. The further information will provide you with all the information which you are in need it.
- In accordance to my views it is considered to be important to knowing and measuring up the size of your roof gutters which you are going for replacing. It is considered to be important because with the help of it you will be able to get proper ideas about the measuring which you need while replacing roof gutters in your home.
- The color, materials which you are going for at the time of complying with this process is needed to be focused because it is going to increase up not only the fitting but the look of your home too. There are many different types of colors and styles which are available in the market which you can go for at your home.
- Not only that but you need to go for checking up the fascia condition which can help you in the matters of replacing roof gutters at your home. Because many times we notice that the gutters which are installed are perfect but due to its base which is being attested to it have become weak and this affects the installed gutters which get damaged.
- So before installing the new gutters in your roof it is considered to plaster up the base of it where you are going to install because it will help you in making stronger bond of the roof gutters which you are going to go for at your home.
Comments Off on 5 Things to consider while Replacing Roof Gutters
// Add Comment
May 22, 2016 // Posted by: bobthebuilder // Category: Roofing
If you are suffering from the issue of ugly stains on your roof or having a roof full of debris then you might have researched various things to clean your roof and the results you got might be conflicting. Before hunting for the solutions to clean your roof, you must find the reasons as to why and how your roof is getting dirty. Basically you need to clean your roof when it is attacked by the stains and the things behind stains are algae, lichens and moss. Cleaning your roof becomes a necessity when it is attacked by these things. If you don’t clean your roof even after you inspect these things on your roof then it can damage your roof very badly. Here are some of the methods to clean your roof in an appropriate manner.
Low pressure, non-bleach, ecofriendly method for cleaning your roof
Those roof cleaning companies which make use of this method for cleaning your roof uses most of eco-friendly products to clean your roof. They use high grade products which do not contain any kind of toxic chemicals such as phosphates, chlorine and other harmful chemicals. These things can also harm your vegetation and it can also pollute your waterways. This method for cleaning your roof does not take into account brushing or high pressure scrubbing. This method gives you the ultimate result which is perfect and really quick. All the things which hindered you like lichens, moss algae all will be gone out of your roof even before your roofing contractor leaves your house. The result of this method for cleaning your roof is that quick so you would be clearly satisfied. Here use of eco-friendly products is done which are designed in such a way to clean your roof gently and in a safe manner. But there lays a disadvantage, this method is really expensive due to the use of high quality products instead of using cheap bleach and chlorine mixtures.
Chlorine and bleach roof cleaning method
This method of roof cleaning takes into account use of chemicals like sodium hypochlorite and trisodium phosphate which is also known as TSP. This mixture of chemicals is sprayed on the roof and it is left in the same situation so that it can dry out properly. After that it can applied as many times as needed. This method might not avail you with instant result. Lichens or moss or algae which do not go away instantly will go eventually with the rain water. Both methods for cleaning your roof is very easy and effective. You can try any of them and get the best results out of it. It depends upon the type of roof you have that which type of method you want to select for cleaning your roof.
Comments Off on How To Clean Your Roof
// Add Comment
January 07, 2016 // Posted by: Brat // Category: Bedroom
Bedroom is such a place in our home where we feel in our total peace but if you are tired enough and enter your bedroom and you notice that you have got to still organize your bedroom than you will be getting frustrated. I know the similar happens with me too. There are certain things which must be well organized when we just enter the home after working the whole day and amongst the entire bedroom is such a place where organization is must. As all of us days begin and ends in the bedroom so it is more likely to get it adjusted and organized according to the wish of the home owners.
This article will help you to get accessed with things which you must consider at the time of organizing your bedroom because it is going to be beneficial to you only in return. There are many concepts which are going to be covered further in the discussion of organizing your bedroom and the major facts amongst all of this will be clearer to you further.
Organizing your bedroom
- First and the foremost thing which you must comply at the time of organizing your bedroom are to check all the availability of the materials and the things which you want in your bedroom to be installed. This will give you and also provide you with better idea about which matters must be taken into consideration at the time of organizing your bedroom.
- As we always wake up and go to the bathroom first, the home owners must comply with the procedure of organizing your bathroom. Because I know you won’t be comfortable of going into such a bathroom which is messy and does not provides with the supply which you are in need of. The color, the bathroom vanity, perfect cleaning, organizing your shower and the bathtub, etc are some important facts which are necessary in the process of organizing your bedroom.
- Secondly is the closet, yes I mean when you just open your closet and you found all your clothes just fallen of the ground, nah! Not at possible, this is the reason why it is important to organize your closet in bedroom. If your closet is well organized than it is going to help you in accessing easily the thing which you want from the closet which is in return going to be beneficial to you only.
- Another thing which is important in the matter of organizing your bedroom is to comply with the lamps and the perfect lightings in your room. Yes everyone wants their bedroom lightings to be more romantic when they are with their loved ones. And this thing is going to get you to the right path of the thing which you want in your bedroom.
- Other thing like the beds, the sheets which are laid on the beds, the side tables, and many more such small thing which are considered at the time of organizing your bedroom. This minute thing will increase the glaze of your bedroom and will satisfy your needs regarding perfect bedroom which you have dreamt of.
Comments Off on how to Organize your bedroom
// Add Comment
July 12, 2015 // Posted by: Brat // Category: Roofing
People want new technology as per the changing time and many technologies have also emerged which have fulfilled the expectations of people. Firstly it was only wood or metal roofing prevailing in the market of construction of roofing but now there are many other methods such as asphalt roofing, fiberglass roofing, steel roofing which have took its stand in constructing the roof. One of the most fascinating and attractive method of roofing is fiberglass roofing method. This method is easy to install and can be attested to roof. The roofing contractor helps the homeowners to concrete their decision regarding this roofing method. Fiberglass roofing is new method to insulate in your roofing. The fiberglass is structured from a slim glass fiber including silica which is blend together to make it strong. There are many advantages of fiberglass roofing but there are also disadvantages which the homeowner must keep into consideration before installing it into their roof.
- The main phenomenon behind using fiberglass roofing is its versatile structures and different colors and styles. Simple fiberglass roofing sheets are also available but homeowners like to install it because of it upgraded look which consists of fascinating colors and designs on it which gives a different look to your roof.
- Fiberglass roofing is fire resistant in nature. It helps in protecting the house from wind, rainfall, storm, etc. There are less possibility water drainage and leakage if maintained in a proper manner.
- Fiberglass roofing is light in weight as compared to other roofing methods. As metal roof and wood roof are weighted but fiberglass roof is light in nature and with different and fascinating styles on it.
- It has longer life period in cool weathers so it is preferable to install it in the cooler region places.
- The materials which are used in preparing the fiberglass roof are less expensive and are easily available in the market so its installation cost is less as compared to other roofing method, it is easy to fix it and saves time of the roofing contractor installing it.
- While installing fiberglass roofing the roofing contractor must nail is properly with proper negligence so that it does not gets damaged because it is not metal or wood, it is made of glass, so proper installation of fiberglass roofing is important because if not installed properly than it can damage the home.
- Maintenance of fiberglass roofing is not easy because it will need proper guidance and appropriate materials to fill in the cracks which had occurred due to any unwanted weather. The life of fiberglass roofing is not more than thirty years because they are made up of glass elements.
- Air exchange issues are noticed after installing fiberglass roofing in your home because ventilation is important for every home and due to its glass structure it is not easily possible of ventile region to exchange the spoiled air to the pure air.
- As this roof comes in cutted and shaped sheets so manual cutting is also required for more better and enhanced look of the roof where it is been installed.
Comments Off on Advantages and Disadvantages of Fiberglass Roof
// Add Comment
May 13, 2015 // Posted by: bobthebuilder // Category: Coloring / Painting
Are you still living with white boring walls? Stop living like that and get your room painted. Painting your room is one of the simplest ways to make your room look more beautiful and appealing. Good paint colors can change your mood and interior look of your way. So here are few things which you should know before you get your room painted.
Make a difference by prepping your room
It’s easy to paint your room if it is empty. So if possible make your room empty while painting. If not totally, then try to move at least big pieces of furniture to the centre of the room. Take care to cover this furniture with either old sheets or drop cloth. Clean your walls before painting it as there is a layer of dust, dirt and oil build on the wall. Although it seems to be useless, but removing this dirt before painting will allow the paint to adhere to the wall. Cover the light switch, outlet cover, window trim and floor with drop cloth, newspaper or a roll of paper.
It is really very tough to decide how a particular color will look on your wall. So it’s better to take a sample of color you like try it and then decide whether to apply it on whole or not. Before finalizing the color, let the applied color dry, then observe it properly in day and night time which will give you a better idea of how color will look on your wall. If you are confused between different colors then do the same with each color and decide afterwards. You would be glad to see which color you liked and thought it to look good and which color actually looks good.
Allow color into your life
Some people think that color can be overpowering for the room and due to this fear they go for white, beige or off white. Try out some colors in your room it will let you get a good feeling while you enter your room. Choice of colors depends upon the size and interior of your room. For example if you have big room with large ceiling than you can use dark colors which adds to the texture and depth to the space. On the contrary if you have small room with less natural light then you can go on with light and bright colors which can make the space look larger and brightens the room. Thus take out the fear of colors and try on something which can make you surprised.
Concentrate on the finish you choose
It may surprise you but it’s not only the color which enhances your room. There are also some other factors like finish or seen which also affects the room along with color. For durability and easy clean you can opt for high gloss paint finishes. But it also has a drawback that the imperfections of your wall will be highlighted by this finish. While if you opt for flat paint finish it will hide these imperfections, but it also suspects to damage. Thus the best possible output will be an egg shell finish. It does not highlight imperfections, does not opt to damage, it’s easy to clean and it also provide some gloss.
Comments Off on Things to know before painting Your Room
// Add Comment
November 28, 2014 // Posted by: bobthebuilder // Category: Roofing
Before purchasing the house you must be considering many of the things like value, condition, location and many other things. But what after you purchase that house? Do you still pay that much attention? I guess it’s a no. You might even not be knowing what to do next. Here is a simple suggestion you can go through the home inspection report and see towards what is not proper and what need to be done to make it in a proper condition. This home inspection might be showing some of the minor issues which if ignored may turn out to be major if they are not paid proper attention. The first thing you should be starting up with is your roofing. It’s the primary thing for your protection and thus it should be in a good condition. Here are some of the things which you should look forward to while inspecting your newly owned house.
There are several properties which come along with the transferable roofing warranties. If you have acquired such a house, it might add more value to your house. If your new house possesses this warranty then you don’t need to worry about your roof’s repairs and maintenance cost as it is covered under the insurance. The insurer or the roofing manufacturer will be under liability if any of the repairing cost comes and you are free from this stress. If your new house is not having such insurance then you should take one for your peace of mind.
Condition of the material of roofing
There is variety of materials available for roofs. Roofs can be of metal, wood, slate, tile, shingles or any other. The durability, condition, long lasting factor may not be same for all of them. Some might last for longer period of time while some fail to do so. So keeping this thing aside you must hire a professional roofing contractor to check out your roof and inform you regarding its damages. If your roof is having leaks, punctures,curling , billowing, buckling or broken shingles then it affects to the structural integrity of your roof and it might result in an expensive repair or even lead to the replacement.
Repair, maintenance and replacement
Investing in a property is indeed a big decision and a financially bulky one. Thus it’s really essential to know about those expenses which might have a chance to arise in future. To limit up those expenses, get an estimate of the maintenance cost to emerge or the repairing expenses. Detect these expenses and try to figure out the urgency of doing them. Repair all damage of your roofing as soon as possible and don’t keep for a future date as it can be more troublesome and more expensive in future. After investing in these make a schedule of regular inspection of your roof to be satisfied about having a healthy roof. Don’t try to do this things by yourself trust only a professional roofer or roofing contractor for safety.
Comments Off on Essential about Roofing New Homeowner Must Know
// Add Comment
March 05, 2014 // Posted by: cooldude // Category: Home Appliances
You must have heard about Ipe wood. Ipe wood is basically from Bignoniaceae genus and it can be described as a dense Brazilian hardwood that is used essentially for exterior residential and commercial structures. The key features of Ipe wood are density, durability and performance. It is air dried hardwood and therefore is resistant to moisture, fire and insects. In fact, it is movement resistant as well and lasts two or three times more than other outdoor woods like redwood, pine and cedar. As far as the best outdoor use of Ipe wood is concerned, it is best used to carve out outdoor furniture.
If you are keen on purchasing a few pieces of Ipe wood furniture for your patio, you need to know how you should take care of them. Since Ipe wood furniture usually come with natural finish, with light coat of linseed oil applied on them, maintenance requirements are pretty minimal. However, the kind of maintenance that your Ipe wood furniture will require will depend on where it has been placed. If you place the furniture in an area where it receives complete exposure to the elements of weather, you can either let the wood weather naturally or you can apply on an oil finish to the furniture at times. Oiling is rarely needed for Ipe furniture that is placed in shaded areas. Even if you do decide to oil the furniture using linseed oil, you should do it for a maximum of 2-3 times in a year.
Linseed oil is quite expensive and you will be able to purchase it from any hardware store. All you will have to do it apply some linseed oil on a piece of oil and after about half an hour you can wipe off the excess. Let the Ipe furniture weather for a couple of weeks before the initial oiling.
Comments Off on Best outdoor uses of Ipe wood
// Add Comment
February 25, 2014 // Posted by: cooldude // Category: Coloring / Painting
Homeowners have a tendency to give more importance to the interior of their homes than the exterior of their homes. You also must be focusing more on making the interior of your home attractive and beautiful. This is a very common home décor pattern. However, you must realize that the exterior of your home is as significant as the interior of your home. It is essential that you ensure that the outer walls of your home do not look boring and dull. The perfect way to enhance the outer walls of your home is to paint them suitably. Here are some tips that will help you decide the color for outer walls of your house.
• If you have decorated the interior of your home in relation to any theme then experts suggest that you select the color for the outer walls keeping in mind that particular theme. For instance, if the interior décor theme is related to nature then use the color that is associated with nature for your outer walls.
• Utilize dark and solid color for the outer wall if your house is located in an area which experiences cold climatic conditions. On the other hand, if you are living in a humid and hot region then it is advised that you choose light color for the outer walls.
• You should make it a point to check out the colors your neighbors have used on their exterior walls so that you can coordinate with your neighborhood or use a color that will give an extraordinary look to your home.
• Choose a color that will bring out the true personality of your home. A color or combinations of colors that will make your home appear not only beautiful but stately. Remember, guests should be impressed with the first look of your home.
Comments Off on How To Decide The Color For Outer Walls?
// Add Comment
December 31, 2013 // Posted by: cooldude // Category: Home Decor
Winter is generally the holiday season in most parts of the world. So during the holiday season you can spend your time in decorating your home so that it looks good when guests visit your home. One place that you must decorate in your home during the winter time is the fire mantel. This article will put forward certain décor tips that will help you beautify your fire mantel appropriately for the winter season.
If you want a simple yet elegant decoration for your mantel you can utilize silver candle stands and other silver décor accessories, glittery snowflakes and glittery birds that you can get hold of from the market to decorate the fire mantel in relation to the winter season. On the other hand, you can use reindeer showpieces, geometric mirrors and silver candlesticks and candle stands to give the wintry feel to the mantel in your home.
Since Christmas is celebrated during the months of winter you can use the Christmas theme to decorate your fire mantel. Utilize mini Christmas tree, stockings, stars, scented candles, broad ribbons, wreaths, lights and so on to completely transform the simple look of your fire place mantel. You can use fake snow to give your fire mantel a wintry look.
White colored decorative accessories such as vases, candle stands, show pieces and all can be perfect for decorating your mantel during the winter months. Evergreens, pinecones, white lights with paper-craft art pieces will look absolutely lovely on your fireplace mantel if you utilize them effectively.
You can just use all kinds of beautiful plants and flowers that survive the onslaughts of winter to decorate the mantel as these will symbolize winter season most efficiently. Hope these mantel décor ideas are useful for you and you can create a good impression on your guest during this holiday season.
Comments Off on Decorating The Fire Mantel For Winter
// Add Comment