A central heating boiler has its advantages, but it needs servicing too function properly.
- Descale the boiler every year. This will clean the water pipes too thus, providing fresh water all the time.
- The valves enable the flow of water, but dirt can affect the flow of water which might be reduced considerably. This will prevent other parts also from working properly. So clean the valves regularly.
- Get your boiler serviced by a technician every year. This will correct technical flaws and save your electricity bill.
- To prevent accidents, the boiler has pressure control valves and switches. The pressure gauges must be checked, to ensure that they are running properly.
- Garbage around the boiler can get ignited, this might too irreversible damage to your home thus keep the area around the boiler clean.
A central heating boiler is an integral part of our homes. Proper maintenance will increase its longevity.