1. A stepladder or regular ladder should be placed under the light bulb that you want to change.
2. A pole-mounted bulb changer should be raised up to the swivel light which can be purchased at most hardware stores.
3. The suction cup or steel fingers of the bulb changer should be attached directly onto the light bulb. The pole should be rotated to the left and the light bulb should be unscrewed. If the light bulb can not be screwed, then the pole should be pulled downward until the light bulb comes out of its holder.
4. A new bulb should be placed into the suction cup or steel fingers of the bulb changer and the pole should be raised to the lamp. The pole should be rotated to the right and the light bulb should be fixed into the holder.
5. The swivel lamp should be pushed back into the original position.