Investing time to create a bedroom and bedside area to make it attractive helps you as it is a relaxing place.
1. The bedroom should be measured and the floor plan should be sketched.
2. Start with lighting. Installation of wall sconces on each side of the bed or a row of recessed lights over the bed can be planned. A comfortable upholstered chair or small sofa can be purchased if you have a habit of working on your laptop before bed.
3. Artwork can be used over the bed or small shelves can be added to make this wall the focal point of the room.
4. A padded bench can be placed at the foot of the bed. A comforter or pillows can be stored on the bench when you are making the bed.
5. A media cabinet can be added opposite the foot of the bed. A wall unit can be built to hold a small TV or CD player.