For attaching a ceiling fan to any location on a ceiling, the electric wires should be extended so that you can pull them through the ceiling to a junction box.
Wire Nut Wiring
1. Approx. 1 inch of insulation should be stripped from the end of one of the electric wires which are connected to the ceiling fan. The exposed end of the wires should be twisted to form a rod.
2. Approx. 1/4 inch off the ends of the rod should be cut. A wire nut should be screwed over the exposed end of the wire.
3. This procedure of cutting and twisting a wire should be repeated with one of the wires from the extension wire. The rod should be twisted from the extension electric wire around the rod from the wire attached to the ceiling fan.
4. The wire nut should be screwed onto the two rods tightly.
5. The entire procedure should be repeated with the other wire from the extension electric wire and the other wire from the ceiling fan.