1. An electrical cable should be run from the switch to the location of the lamp. The cable should be run, one end through each hole and down to the switch and the light.
2. The cable should be connected to the switch by attaching the black wire to the bottom terminal. The white wires coming from the circuit and going to the light should be screwed together. The ground wires should be attached to the green ground terminal.
3. The other end of the cable should be connected to the back of the electrical box.
4. The adapter plate should be fixed to the electrical box.
5. The white wire from the fixture and the white wire in the electrical box should be twisted together and screwed. The process should be repeated with the black wires, and the ground wires.
6. The wires should be pushed into the electrical box and the fixture should be set in place.